Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Trying To Take Some Family Off Time

By family off time, I don't mean get away from my family, but rather have some time for the family to spend together and unwind.

My husband has some friends who have a "cottage" up on the mountain. I've known them for about 9 years now--I first met them when at her baby shower when she was pregnant with their first child. Their "cottage" may actually be larger than their home in town...and I really like it up there. It has some unique features--the orange carpet reminds me a bit too much of the same stuff my parents had in the '70s, but the fireplace in the living room that has space for hanging and drying your snow clothes (or your frozen snowy self) around it is really neat.

They've been asking us to come up on the weekend with them for ages. It seems that nearly every time, I'm busy, so my husband has gone alone, or just taken our daughter. Since I was planning on the snowshoe race, I asked him to see if this weekend would be a good one for our family to visit.

Turns out it was. I quickly entered the race online, and didn't pay the extra for the Tshirt because we're already tight on funds as it is. I was dismayed to find out that I'd registered for the 8K as I'd only intended to register for the 4K, but they didn't offer an option. Hopefully they'll let me switch tomorrow. If not, well, I'll do what I can.

In the meanwhile, we had a delicious dinner that I ate way too much of but enjoyed thoroughly, and then we snuggled in for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment