Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Reverse Progress

It was HARD to get out of bed this morning. Not because I was tired--I slept great and was ready to get up. I hurt even worse than yesterday though.

Determined to go to yoga, I slowly levered myself out of bed, trying to keep myself from moaning so loud I'd wake the rest of the house up (it was 5:00am), and was furious that I didn't get my yoga mat and towels ready last night when I could sort of move so that I wouldn't have to bend over to get them this morning.

There was an instructor I haven't had before that was teaching this morning. I had SUCH a hard time going through the poses that I actually had to skip a few and just sit/lie down. I was glad I was there, but once again frustrated.

I got home and had to hurry around the house to get my daughter ready for school. I took pain medication when I got home because I was so physically dysfunctional, but this meant that she and I had to walk to school since what they prescribed for me last Friday is so strong I'm not supposed to drive while taking it.

It was also my day for parent helping, which was a bit of a challenge since we have to bend over to pick up toys, sit at miniature tables designed for 3- to 4-year-olds, and lift small children up to the adult-sized sinks to wash their hands.

Add to that one of the little squirts was particularly uncooperative, so at one point the teacher put me in charge of 14 kids while she went to go get one who refused to come inside. I ended up just reading a story because I figured it would be appropriate for me to sit down while doing so.

After preschool, we walked home. My pain medication was starting to wear off and I had a chiropractor appointment, so I drove there.

Amazing Dr. Amy did Grasston work on my left hip flexors, quads, adductors, and both sides glutes and low back.

I actually left her office not in pain at all--and this was after the painkillers had worn off entirely!

So when one of my clients called for an appointment, we scheduled for later in the afternoon. I was extremely careful with my body mechanics and utilized my stool. When I got home, I was still doing fine, but Dr. Amy had told me to ice, so I laid down and did.

And fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment