Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Being Serious=Training When I Don't Want To

Bikram Yoga, Day 15

On the Bikram Yoga web site, it says that 95% of your workout is showing up. There are days that I can't even say how much that is true.

Considering my feet were wrapped with moleskin and tape to cover my very tender blisters (which did not break, but that didn't keep me from mincing around like a pansy), I was pretty proud of myself for going at all.

It was a good thing I did because I made more progress today than any other day I've done it.

1) In half moon pose, I was suddenly able to bend--I'd been nearly vertical (looking almost like I wasn't participating), and suddenly I went to about 45 degrees, or maybe further.

2) In eagle pose, I grabbed my fingertips on the left side for the first time.

3) In balancing separate leg stretching, I managed to lean forward properly into the posture without bending my knees or having to otherwise modify it.

4) My fingers touched while in locust pose.

5) I was able to lift my left leg off of the floor in locust pose.

6) In separate leg stretching pose, I got my fingers to touch around my foot on both sides.

7) In the spine twisting pose, I managed to get my foot flat on the floor in both directions.

So apparently it was a good thing I showed up this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment