Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Apparently I Should Read My Email

Actually walked my daughter to preschool today, but drove her home. Visited Amazing Dr. Amy and got my back fixed up.

Was thinking it would be kind of a slow day, and showed up to preschool registration (for next year) totally unprepared. Apparently I was supposed to print, fill out, and provide payment when I showed up. I ended up running home in a panic--because I could potentially lose my daughter's place in the preschool without the registration payment--and asking my husband for a check.

Which sent him into a panic because our budget has become rather tight and his business had some unexpected expenses.

We ended up getting to reserve her place. I'm starting to feel overwhelmed by the many things I'm involved in and trying to find a way to exit. The problem is, at some level, I am very concerned and connected to all of the things I'm involved in and don't know how to cut some of those ties.

So I've decided to set a side goal: No more commitments to organizations, no matter how much I care about them, and reduce the number of commitments I have by the end of the year.

Then I will have time to read my email and not appear such a spastic uniformed dork when I show up for things.

No comments:

Post a Comment