Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Seriously? SHUT. UP.

So another great day hanging out with Turdbucket (my college roommate). My daughter absolutely LOVES her, especially since the former painted a picture of horses for the latter. AND she got to play with Play-doh AND she had TONS of stories read to her AND we had a PARTY.

My daughter's definition of a party, by the way, is whenever we have people over, a barbeque, and eat outside. It was really hot--so hot that I took the revolving fan out on the deck to create an artificial breeze during dinner.

I did make it into the gym and did a moderate workout. Moderate because my back turned out not to be up for much. I spent some time afterward cooling down by sitting in the swimming pool (just on the steps) and reading and then in the hot tub and reading.

I actually really look forward to my time in the water at the end of my workout. For me, it's like a little bit of down time to de-stress and relax.

Unfortunately, tonight it was the opposite. Shortly after I got in the pool, Two guys got into the hot tub, which is right next to the pool. One had a horribly annoying nasally voice and was L-O-U-D. What's worse was he talked nonstop. What's even more worse is that he was basically doing a high-pressure sales pitch to get the other guy into a multi-level-marketing business (it only costs $139 out of pocket to get started, but you can totally make it back in your first month).

He talked the whole 15 minutes I was in the pool, the whole 20 minutes I was in the hot tub, and I don't know how much longer he went on, but he was so loud his voice was echoing through the women's locker room. It took me about 10 minutes to change and get out of there and for all I know, he's still talking.

I was so irritated by the time I left. While I was there, I wanted to say something, but I was sort of trying to be polite. I think next time I'm going to skip polite and go straight to SHUT UP.

No comments:

Post a Comment