Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

If You Could Call It a Track

I had truly planned to go and work out. However, my daughter had missed swimming lessons this week and we wanted to take her to the pool and some friends wanted to go as well. So we went to one of the community pools (it has a slide that my daughter LOVES) as a group. The open swim is from 7:30-9:00pm.

I realized after we'd been there a bit that I probably wouldn't end up going to work out afterwards because we hadn't eaten yet and by time we got home, ate, and I let it digest, I wasn't going to drag my butt to the gym. So I decided I had to make family swim a workout in itself.

The water slide has a set of stairs equivalent to 1.5-2 stories in a normal sized home. There wasn't a line, so I would go up the stairs as fast as I could without getting yelled at by the lifeguards, whoosh down the slide (squeezing my tummy muscles as my back exercises), and go again. I did that for about 45 minutes--and it tired me out a lot more than my 2.0 miles per hour on the treadmill--so I counted it as my workout.

And spent the last 10 minutes of open swim in the hot tub, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment