Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Losing My Mind

Today started out fairly normal. I had a meeting to go to, came home, put my daughter down for a nap (and accidentally ended up taking one with her--catchup sleep, I guess), and woke up just shortly before my college roommate arrived.

We'd planned this visit for a couple of months, discussed dates, confirmed them, I'd given her driving directions, and last night before updating my blog even sent her my cell number.

Despite all of this, I had totally forgotten that she would be arriving TODAY. Clearly, the shock of seeing her was written all over my face because she had a good laugh over my astonishment.

Fortunately, the house wasn't too much of a mess--although considering that the two of us were known for having the messiest room on campus, she's probably the only person in the world I wouldn't be embarrassed to have visit when the house looks like the aftermath of Hurricane Heather.

My husband took my daughter grocery shopping so my roommate (who calls me Boogerhead to this day--I return the favor by calling her Turdbucket) and I went out to sushi for dinner.

We stayed up late talking, just like in college, and before I knew it, it was too late to work out.

Argh. At least it was a LOT of fun catching up and just hanging out. Not to mention that it was nice to be able to talk to someone other than a toddler and about something other than the current status of bodily functions.

No comments:

Post a Comment