Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Bye Bye Turdbucket

My college roommate departed today, but not after we took a trip to Powell's together. We only went to the Beaverton store since we really didn't have time to go all the way downtown and didn't want to bother with parking.

Weirdly, both of us made it out of there without buying any books. I think this is some kind of a record for me, and some kind of self-restraint personal achievement. Shortly after we got back home, she packed up her things.

My daughter was sad to see her go and gave her new "Auntie" a kiss goodbye. Then my daughter instructed ME to give Auntie a kiss goodbye. We had a good laugh over that and I mentally added "No, I'm not going to give Auntie a kiss" to my list of things I never thought I'd hear myself say before becoming a parent.

My daughter had gymnastics tonight. Honestly, I don't know how the poor kid made it through class. The instructor told me to bring a water bottle next time and I felt like an idiot--it was literally over 100 today and I hadn't worried about water since there are water fountains there, but with 8 toddlers in class, it's easier when they have their own water bottles (and probably cooler water, too).

Anyway, she left the class rosy and pink, so I took her outside and hosed her down like I used to do with my team kids back when I coached. Then she waited with her babysitter while I taught a private lesson.

I left there soaking wet. Not because I dunked my head in the water fountain or because I sprayed myself down, but because I turned into a human fountain of sweat. Sorry for the graphic description, but I do NOT do well in heat. In fact, I dehydrated so much (despite chugging water) that I was headachy and miserable when I got home.

My daughter and I both immediately fell asleep. I didn't go work out when I woke up because I was still miserable from the heat and figured going to sweat on the treadmill or any other equipment would only make me worse. I chugged as much water as I could, opened up the house and turned on the fans to try and get our not-air-conditioned house to cool off (or at least get out of the 80s). My headache was finally gone around 5:00am.

Plan for a better tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment