Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Back to the Gym To Do ... Something

Spent much of the first part of today on an attention deficit type of action plan. I had stuff to clean, bows to make, papers to organize, and more. I would start on one thing, get distracted, go to something else, need a supply and pass by another thing, which I would stop to do with the intention of completing...and so on. None of it got done.

One of my massage clients came by. I know I shouldn't have favorites, but over the years, I have developed a closer connection with some--and they have been such good clients that without them, I might not have stayed practicing. This particular favorite client also happens to have disc issues in her low back--although she is going in for surgery this week.

After her appointment I decided to go to the gym for a swim. Unfortunately, on the way there, I realized I'd left my goggles in the toy bag from family swim night. No big deal, I thought, I'll just go for a walk/jog on the treadmill.

Except I'd left my running shoes at home.

So I hopped on the bike for a little bit. I was so unmotivated that it was just a short workout.

As I unwound afterward in the hot tub, it occurred to me that even though it was a little workout, it was enough to be aerobic, and doing something like that daily would probably be better for me than my over-the-top push-myself-to-illness routine that I seem to practice otherwise since I still can't do the moderation thing.

And since I can't do the moderation thing, when I looked up from my book (I just sat on the steps in the hot tub and read), I was stunned to notice that I'd been in there for 1.5 hours.

Yeah, yeah. It's a good book. And I could have worse hobbies than reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment