Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Another Example of What Is Wrong With Me

This morning I had a chiropractic appointment. My back has been considerably better, especially considering I managed the hike with my friends and it really didn't bother my back.

The living room step still receives a glare from me as I wince against the effects it has on my still-sore (if not more-sore) calves.

So I mentioned my progress and my poor pathetic calf muscles to my chiropractor. She offered to do Grasston work (I LOVE this on my back) on my calves. Because of the muscle soreness, it was quite intense (but in a good way) on my calves.

Being me, and apparently needing some reason to do things oddly, I suggested she only treat one calf--I wanted to do a self-experiment so I could feel the difference between treating muscle soreness with a massage technique and without.

She did the Grasston on my right leg and ended up doing regular massage on my left leg. The Grasston leg felt better more, and was over it more quickly, although both were comfortable by the evening.

After the chiropractic appointment, I went grocery shopping and then DASHED home because I had a friend coming over that I hadn't seen in ages and I hadn't cleaned.

I didn't quite finish cleaning (read: I had to scoot over unfolded laundry to provide a place to sit on the couch, among other offenses) but my friend was so gracious that she told me she was coming to see me and not my house. She brought over her son who is one day older than my daughter and so much bigger he could literally rest his chin on the top of her head. They had fun running around the house, even though they got several time-outs for it.

We then went over to one of my husband's co-workers homes for a barbeque. Weirdly, I was full and just couldn't seem to eat much (which I'd also experienced at lunch).

I don't think I've mentioned this yet, but we just found out that my husband has high levels of both mercury and lead poisoning. We aren't sure of the source, although this does explain the strange illnesses he's had since January (diagnosed for four months continuously as "the flu"). Finally after those four months we gave up on Kaiser and with the exception of going there for specific tests the naturopath requested, stuck with the naturopath.

So we spent much of the evening talking about his illness and him feeling strange from the effects of the medicine he has to take which, scarily, is the same stuff that was developed for and given to the survivors of the Chernobyl nuclear accident.

We did have a nice time though, but ended up cutting the evening short when I was getting mosquito bites UNDER my clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment