Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Snow Day!

I actually got up early enough that I could try walking my daughter to school again.

School was cancelled due to snow, which was almost completely gone before her school would have been out. We walked over to the local elementary school instead, where I pushed her on the swing and let the dog chase a ball (which she lost a few times in the snow).

Half an hour after getting home out of the beautiful sunny but cold day, it froze up and dumped snow on us again.

We didn't even make it to gymnastics practice this evening as I wasn't concerned about getting there, but the weather was so erratic that I was concerned about getting home after dark with temperatures dropping. The one thing I really miss on my current car as compared to my last car is four-wheel drive. However, I don't miss the whole not starting, overheating, pouring dark black stinky smoke out of the defrost vents. But I do avoid driving in snow.

Then my husband went and played soccer (he does have four wheel drive, and the roads were oddly fine by then anyway) so I did exactly nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment