Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

I Am Officially Nothing

Just so you know, that title is NOT some sort of low-self esteem remark, but I will get to the explanation shortly.

After doing nothing yesterday, I had another great day of . . . nothing in terms of physical activity. My cold is still kicking my butt and although I'm feeling better, I'm still not recovered.

I had signed up to volunteer as a meet official at another college gymnastics meet. I was assigned to floor timer and line judge. Basically, I sit on the edge of the floor, all by myself, for a couple of hours, and get a close up of college gymnastics. Way fun and I don't have to do anything for it except 1) hitch a ride there since I refuse to pay for that much gas to volunteer and 2) run a stopwatch and, if needed, hold up a yellow flag.

I only had to hold up the yellow flag once.

I am going to remember, for my next time, to take earplugs. One of the major differences in college gymnastics is the EXTREME amount of yelling (cheering) for teammates that goes on. One of the teams stood RIGHT next to me and it was literally a couple of hours before hearing returned to my right ear.

That same team (who were great, by the way) at one point was giving out high 10s (clapping both hands overhead when a girl finished her floor routine. At one point, they clapped right over me as if I wasn't there.

Officially nothing.

Okay, so I'm probably the only one amused by that horrible pun, but I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment