Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Very Long Day of Nothing

Thinking that my sister was coming back sometime in the morning to help out with the house, I stayed home while my husband went up to the mountain with my daughter and our friends.

I did a little cleaning, a little sewing, and alternated between the two through the day.

Midafternoon I started getting annoyed.

When my sister called, I found out she wasn't planning on coming back until tomorrow (Monday). Apparently somewhere we had a little tiny (actually huge) miscommunication.

This meant that 1) I was trapped at home without a car all day long and 2) I could have gone and spent the day with my family in the snow instead.

Completely irritated (and not yet calm enough to look at the situation rationally) when my husband got home, I went into troll mode and about bit his head off.

He, of course, had no idea what was wrong with me.

My dad ended up driving up to get me because I had to have my car to get places in the morning, included DEQ.

I did leave my daughter at my Dad's house though. Tonight will be her very first night without one of her parents. Since we cosleep (she sleeps in the bed with us), this is actually a very big deal. I did my best to prepare her for it and I'm sure she'll be fine, but I'm curious to see how it goes.

My sister thought it would be good for my husband and I to have some time as a couple and go do something, but when I got home, I fell asleep instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment