Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Time Flies When You're Not Paying Attention To It

The past few days have seen very little formal exercise activity, although at least my pants are still getting looser.

I had another heat episode, and this time it wasn't even triggered by exercise. Despite drinking plenty of water (I drank even though I kind of had to force it down), I ended up with another good bout of heat exhaustion, narrowly missing a repeat performance of a public biohazard deposit.

It took 12 hours of sleep to drain the light-and-sound hurts headache and get over the must-be-within-10-degrees-of-horizontal-or-I'm-going-to-hurl stomachache.

And then we went out in the sun for another long day of walking around being tourists. I seriously debated staying behind, but I'm glad I didn't since I was only partly yucky feeling at the end of the day.

Then my dad left and we ended up with a day that felt like we still had jetlag--unable to get up before noon and dragging around the rest of the day.

Today we did more walking around, I got my last bit of shopping in, and now I'm wrapping things up to get ready to go home, where I will have two husband and child-free weeks and then things will go back to "normal."

No comments:

Post a Comment