Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Frustrated and Confused

So after checking my blood sugar for the past two days, I have ended up more stressed out and confused than anything. I did some research online and ended up with more questions than answers, although I did find out some of the more serious effects of diabetes that I hadn't already known.

I don't know if my testing strips (which expired two years ago) are terribly accurate, but I was hoping they would at least give me an accurate "range." If they are, then I'm worried, because with what I've been eating and doing in terms of walking and activity, then I'm really concerned about diabetes not being a "possible" issue, but being something that's already been occurring. In which case it's a good thing I've already started on this path.

Since I can't very well control what is served to me at meals, I'm trying to choose my portions and which dishes I eat as best I can. I'm also trying not to worry too much as even my naturopath said not to stress out while on vacation and to enjoy myself. Since I'm still working on the whole moderation thing, I'm trying to keep that in mind, knowing that I will probably have to be much more strict when I get home.

I did get in another dusty walk today, only got a little bit lost, but obviously, since I'm back online and updating this, I found my way back.

Now if I could just get to sleep in this heat, I would start feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment