Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Getting to Work Out Is More Challenging than the Workout Itself

So being on Moroccan time is really making sticking to my workouts challenging. After my dad arrived and we all took jetlag catnaps, we ended up going down to the beach. It's too bad the water is SO polluted or it would be a perfect place for me to practice swimming in open water.

We sat on the beach instead, but by time we got back it was dark and time for dinner. Disappointed that I wasn't even going to get in a walk, I was trying to figure out what sort of strength-type training I could do, using my body as resistance (pushups, crunches, etc.) when I found out we were going for a walk on the "promenade."

Unfortunately, this was a walk where instead of being for exercise was more for socializing and enjoying each other's company. I explained to my dad that when we take a walk with family, it's usually more of a meander.

So my workout today was just a meander down the promenade. Not exactly what I had in mind when I brought my running shoes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment