Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Not On Any Track

Woke up at 10:30 this morning to the doorbell. I was sleeping in intentionally--getting ready for our trip and knowing I probably wouldn't sleep again (at least, not in a bed) until Sunday night. Oh well. It was a client I hadn't seen in two years, in desperate need of a massage.

Despite all the things on my to-do list, I booked him an appointment at 3:00.

I then began running around packing. Our house was already a disaster, so finding things was even harder than normal. It took me, no kidding, nearly two hours to find a specific piece of luggage that I wanted for the trip. I found it in a place that 1) I had walked by or stood next to a minimum of 10 times already, 2) when I put it there I remember thinking "the cats won't be able to pee on this here!", and 3) in plain sight.

I didn't even get to start packing. As usual, I was finishing up laundry, getting things together, trying to take care of a variety of last-minute details, and then giving a massage.

I ran errands, including picking up extra catfood and buying last-minute gifts.

Despite how exhausted I was, I didn't even start packing by midnight, and I know I'm not going to get to go to bed tonight before leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment