Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

M...o...r...o...c...c...a...n Time

Our plans for today were to go to Rabat, visit the Medina, and be back early enough that I could for a walk. But being on Moroccan time, we left so late that things didn't quite go as planned. We were dropped off by a friend of the family in the middle of the city, and right as I got out of the car, I severely twisted my left ankle and did something else to my right foot, perhaps banged it on whatever my left foot twisted on; I'm not sure.

So I hopped around for a few moments and then recovered enough to limp around. We visited some tourist sites, then went to my husband's mom's house, where I iced both feet for awhile before we headed back to Temara.

I did get in a quick walk with my dad, against the advice of my in-laws, as it was near dark and they consider the "forest" a very unsafe place in the evening. I was relieved I at least got in SOME exercise, even though we were late for dinner.

My dad was very worried that we'd made some sort of faux pas, but with the blood sugar numbers I've been posting, I didn't really care as I need to regulate this somehow.

Then this evening I got bad news. Well, the news wasn't bad, but it could have been.

Essentially, I got a voice mail that someone had found my dog.

Which meant she was lost.

Which meant that the person we had looking after her...we didn't know what happened.

After about an hour of frantic phone calls (at $2.95/minute roaming charges), I arranged for one friend to pick her up, the original dogsitter to collect her, and several others who could fill in as "back-up" if the original housesitter couldn't, our doggie was back.

And so are levels of stress that had just started to melt away.

No comments:

Post a Comment