Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Blame Is So Much Easier than Taking Responsibility

Since I didn't exercise yesterday, I planned out today so that I could get to the gym late enough that equipment would be free, yet early enough that I could get out of the locker room before the male non-English-speaking janitorial staff surprised me in my towel again. In other words, I planned to be there about 10:00 pm.

My sister, still very excited about the idea of me doing this (even though I have NOT committed to it yet), has sent me a workout on email and today a Nutrition for Endurance Athletes book also arrived.

I KNOW she means well. I know I should probably be taking whatever help I can get. I kind of had to chuckle at the nutrition for endurance training, since that is NOT the mode I'm in at this point. Walking at 2 miles an hour is not exactly endurance fitness considering it doesn't even get my heart rate into the triple digits. But in any case, one of my internal battles is finding the SELF motivation to do this.

As is demonstrated by the fact that when Nabyl announced at 9:30 he was leaving for soccer and wouldn't be back until 11:00, I decided to postpone my workout, but was then too tired to go when he got home. I can't really blame it on him, but I collect less self-inflicted guilt than if I accept responsibility for it.

I've been wondering lately (as I've been watching the countdown counter on the side of this blog) if maybe I should just register for the triathlon because it may just force me to push myself. At the same time, I still haven't yet been able to determine whether or not this may be realistic. So far, with the way things have been going, I'm still on the "Delusional" end of the spectrum.

Even the dog is doing poorly on the training as we still didn't hit her step count, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment