Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Better Something than Nothing?

Five days after this determination/delusion set in and I suppose even procrastination has its limits.

Much of the day was spent running my daughter around to different things, like Preschool Storytime at the Library, which included a visit to a backhoe for Public Works Week. Then a battle for naptime, which resulted in me joining her (an unfortunate regularity, but it balances out with the number of times I get up in the night to deal with pets). Finally, when my husband got home, I headed to the gymnastics gym for a private lesson and on the way home, 24-Hour Fitness.

One of the things that runs through my head every time I head in to 24-Hour Fitness is that they scan my card and check a monitor to ensure my membership is current. I have no idea what else comes up on that screen, but I wonder if it says things like how long it was since my last visit? And if it does say that, what goes through the person's head? Perhaps Wow, no wonder she's so out of shape if she never uses this membership or maybe I should give them more credit and it's more along the lines of Good for her, at least she's making an effort today.

Why I care what the front desk dude at 24 Hour Fitness thinks of me, I'm not sure, since I typically don't care what anyone thinks.

Anyway, I finally hauled my butt to the gym. 20 minutes on the recumbent bike; fine but sweaty (as I should be). 20 minutes walking on the treadmill...challenging. What was frustrating was that I was walking at only a moderate pace, but at about 15 minutes in, my back was really hurting. I wasn't tired (endurance wise), I wasn't fatigued (muscle capability aspect), I was in pain. I went another five minutes, for the total 20 and a whole entire mile.

Good news? So far my new shoes don't hurt my feet. Bad news? I went and sat in the hot tub for longer than I spent on the treadmill.

I hope I can move tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment