Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

More News From the Stupid Zone

Yesterday I was feeling pretty miserable--runny nose, total sinus headcold thing going on--and it had been building for a few days. But I don't really have time to be sick, so I basically ignored it and kept going. Perhaps this is how I run myself into the ground at times. Anyway, I was not at 100%.

Today my husband was having orthoscopic knee surgery and while I was at the hospital, I had a total sneeze attack and my eyes felt like they had sand underneath my eyelids and I wanted to scratch. them. out.

I was thinking to myself, Wow, I feel really sorry for people with allergies. They deal with this all the time.

Then I went, Wait. I have allergies. Maybe this isn't a cold.

I took some Benadryl and now I'm feeling much better.

In defense of my cluelessness reasoning, I have not had reactions from my environmental allergies since 1999, unless I count the allergy test done in 2003. So it wasn't the first thing that came to mind.

Now I'm wondering if that "cold" I had all winter and spring earlier this year?...might have been allergies.

No comments:

Post a Comment