Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Labor Day Weekend Getaway: Day 3

The plan: hubby takes Friday off work, we go camping, spending 3 nights at a campground, days spent visiting with my relatives and hubby surfing when he can, come back Monday.

The reality: oh so very different.

At 1:20 this morning, in our brand-new tent, I was woken by my daughter puking on me. As I was trying to disentangle myself from the now-messy sleeping bags so that I could get shoes on and get us out of the tent and showered, we had continuing reverse digestion performances.

I finally got us both out of the tent and into the showers. When we were done, I left the dirty clothes in the shower room and went back later with the garbage bags I'd thankfully thrown in to the car at the last minute when I'd packed on Friday. When I arrived back at the tent, we found that my husband had pulled the messy items out and stashed them under the car, then rearranged the clean stuff left into a sleeping area again and he'd already fallen back asleep.

He was less than pleased when I informed him that we were going home, now. Yes, at 2:00 in the morning, and I would drive if he was too tired. No, I wouldn't be going back to the relatives house to pick up the cooler--I would do that later, and yes, I was going to make a separate trip. So I drove.

We got home about 4:00 am, left most of the stuff in the car (I did pull out some of the worst items and started a load of vomit laundry) and promptly went to bed. At 6:30 I was woken by another round of reverse digestion. This made me extremely grateful that I'd insisted on leaving the campground as I was going to start another load of vomit laundry but discovered the first load really wasn't clean enough for the dryer, so ran it again and left a pile in the hallway.

I set up the massage table for my daughter to sleep on as it was the only place that was now covered with vinyl that could be easily cleaned and went and slept on one of the futons myself.

If I haven't complained about it lately, let me remind you that our master bedroom is completely out of commission due to the cat being locked in there for 11 days when we went to visit my sister earlier this summer. Before leaving, we'd completely emptied the room, including disassembling the waterbed, so we were really limited on where we could sleep at this point.

At 10:00, I dragged myself up out of bed and headed for the coast to pick up the cooler. When I got there, my relatives house was near deserted--apparently I'd just missed everyone and they'd gone their own ways for the afternoon, but were expected back in about an hour.

I ended up setting up a fishing trip for my husband with some of the guys, buying a one-day fishing license for him, and playing games with some of the aunts.

I got home around 8:00. Our daughter was fine all day, except that her backside outputs were still demonstrating signs that things were not quite all right internally. Her energy levels, however, far exceeded mine as I was exhausted when I finally went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment