Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend Getaway: Day 4

I woke up at 7:40 this morning and panicked. I was sleeping on the massage table because I still wasn't able to get through all the vomit laundry enough to remake the bed and the futon--which just enough laundry was done to make it--was taken over by my husband and daughter.

The reason for the panic was that my husband was supposed to leave the house at 4:30 in the morning and I hadn't heard him get up.

Apparently I was SO tired that I slept through him getting up, getting ready, and leaving.

However, I was still a bit panicky because I'd bribed the neighbor girl to come help me with some chores today so that I could surprise my husband when he came home from his fishing/surfing trip and they (her mom offered to come help too) were supposed to be here at 8:00. I'm totally not one of those people that would clean before the cleaning people came (if I could ever afford cleaning people), but in this case, I at least needed a path and sort of workspaces.

I also was utterly ashamed at the kitchen. Again, not along the lines of cleaning before the cleaning people come, but needing a path and truly needing a non-offensive environment to work in.

Amazingly, by 10:00 am, with the neighbors helping, my daughter's room had been cleaned, including going through her clothes for fit. The vomit laundry had all been washed, and the rest of Mt. Laundry folded, and the kitchen had been cleaned.

I'd honestly expected an all-day project and so I was a little confused as to what to do with the rest of my day.

I did manage to haul the water mattress out to finish draining it (the siphon out the window didn't get the last of it), piled up my recycling cans and bottles in the car, and then got some other tasks done for the preschool.

My husband actually caught three salmon! The fishing license was only good for two, so he gave one to my cousin, and all three guys on the boat maxed out their tags.

He was really happy when he came home--so much so that he thanked me for arranging the day and told me he really appreciated it.

Oh, and he's going back next weekend to go fishing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment