Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

I'm in Stealth Mode

Today I was assigned to judge a gymnastics meet out of town. I was also assigned to a carpool, so I left my car at the grocery store where I met the carpool and went on my merry way.

Shortly after arriving at the meet, my phone rang--it was one of the moms from my daughter's preschool, who announced that she KNEW I was at the grocery store and where was I hiding because she saw my car in the parking lot.

Amused, I explained that my car was there, but I was not. I was operating in stealth mode.

Because my life is not excited enough unless I can make up dumb jokes about it.

ANYWAY.

Today's meet was...different than many that I have judged. Usually I post on Facebook some of my favorite judging moments from meets. Silly things, like the kid who rocks her beam routine with a 9.7 and then faceplants while walking to her next event. Or the little teeny kids, who are more focused on playing connect-the-dots with chalk on their sparkly leotards than warming up for bars. That kind of thing.

I usually don't feel badly about posting because I keep it anonymous (not even listing which meet I was at as well as any names), but today I just couldn't. Many of the kids I judged really struggled today and I felt so badly for some of them that I didn't really get a "funny" moment. I couldn't even think of a constructive way to twist any of the stories to make them funny...they would just be made fun of. And that's just mean. So no stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment