Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hit by a Lethargy Wave

I've had some motivational challenges for awhile now. No, I'm not seeking support as well-intentioned "you can do it, hang in there!" speeches tend to annoy me and be more counter-productive. Yes, it is stupid that I react this way, and I am trying to figure out how not to, but at this point, the only thing good about it is that I recognize I react this way, even if I can't change it yet.

Anyway, today was almost the ultimate achievement in lack of motivation. I managed to get my daughter to swimming lessons, but got NOTHING else done. In fact, when we got home, I took a nap. After being up for a little while, I took another nap.

Since the lethargy wave was so overpowering, I went to bed early and went right to sleep.

What's worse is today my back hurt badly enough for the first time in ages that I took a muscle relaxer (leftover from my New Year's Eve flare-up).

In my defense, the lethargy wave may possibly have been partly induced by the effects of the muscle relaxer, but really, I did so little I almost might not have bothered getting out of bed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment