Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fool

So not only have I not posted here much lately, but I haven't been able to train much. Sometimes I've had a valid reason (for not training), sometimes not so much.

I'm feeling wholly unprepared for tomorrow and in some ways am more scared about my ability to finish than I was five months ago for Catalina. Okay, since then, my back went out completely and I spent three months coughing. So in a way, I've had less time and am coming from a worse place than I did getting ready for that event.

This line of thought is not encouraging me.

Today I ran around taking care of all kinds of errands: depositing checks at my new bank account that is 10 miles further from my home than my old one, registering my daughter for summer ballet classes (still not sure why I'm doing that), getting the required apparel for said ballet classes, picking up glasses, getting a fuel belt and replacement water bottle for tomorrow's event, and probably more stuff that I don't even remember now.

Spent a couple of hours madly packing, checking my list (thank you again, Long Beach Triathlon Club for the laminated card) to make sure I have all my gear, rechecking to make sure the stuff actually made it into the car (unlike my helmet last time), have stuff for spending the night at my dad's for me and my daughter, and that I have my judging gear for tomorrow evening.

Rechecked everything again.

Husband home, woke up daughter from nap, drove down to Dad's, had dinner, chatted for a bit and now time for bed. Tomorrow is an early wake up call and my second triathlon.

And if I can do anything right for tomorrow, a good night's rest is about all I can hope for at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment