Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Well, Poo.

And by "poo," yes, I mean excrement.

I'd just mentally signed off on NOT doing the triathlon in California because it wasn't happening and figured that's probably better in terms of affordability anyway.

And today I got an email announcing that it is, in fact, ON, and it's a week earlier than initially planned. With the added bonus that the registration fee is $15 off if I get it in within the next week.

Hmm.

There's one little piece to add to my dilemma. I may not have a place to stay on the mainland around the time of the triathlon. My sister (whom I usually stay with) may or may not be living there and won't even know until about a month beforehand. Her husband is military and his next deployment is to Japan and the whole family is going.

So, if I make reservations now, I need to figure out several pieces: do I plan on going and just make it a "shorter" trip (i.e., no sister-visit time, just to Catalina and back), but spend a couple more days on the island, do I take my daughter, who do I take to watch her, do I leave her behind and who do I get to watch her, and are any of my goals I set last November even attainable at this point as although my back is considerably better, my training levels have been pathetic to absent to the point that my endurance is, well, poo.

No comments:

Post a Comment