Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

The Day After

Woke up a bit sore--but only in my upper back, which was the part of me that didn't get to soak in the hot tub last night.

As the day went on, I decided Aleve might be a good idea, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Turns out my husband had taken the bottle to work.

Since I was thinking rationally, I decided a bike ride would be a good idea. Of course, the bike was in the wrong gear, I had problems getting clipped in to my pedals, then had problems getting the one foot that did clip out of the clip in time to prevent myself from eating asphalt in the middle of the street and right in front of my neighbor.

Wow.

I pedaled around the neighborhood a bit and think I finally might have the hang of my new gear shifts (the trainer has NOT been helping with this as there is no risk of falling off when I screw up). I sped around the block a few times. I was amazed by two things: 1) I can get going MUCH faster on this bike than the other one and 2) I need WAY more training time if I want to sustain any kind of speed to hit my Catalina goals.

Unfortunately, my brief ride brought me in touch with my inner feelings. As in, muscles inside I didn't realize were feeling quite that sore from yesterday but apparently were.

Despite my soreness, I spend a good amount of time today looking up races and other events I can enter through the summer. The year is rapidly passing--just under 6 months to Catalina (and registration isn't open yet, which is odd, because it was this time last year). I've only done 4 of the 10 events I set as a goal for myself this year. That means I need to come up with 5 more events before November. Technically, that would be one per month, but September and October I can't schedule because of gymnastics judging. So I have to find two events per month for the summer. I have a few that I want to do, but they conflict with little things, like the family vacation we've been trying to plan since February, or a continuing education class I've signed up for and already paid for. That kind of stuff.

Although honestly, right now I just want a massage and another hot tub soak.

No comments:

Post a Comment