Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Long...Drive...Home

Short version:
17 hour drive, could have been 15-16 without weird occurrences along the way.

Long version:
4:30am. Alarm went off

4:45am. Staggered out of bed, packed, got up daughter, dressed her.

5:25am. Drove away.

8:00am. Stopped to get coffee and breakfast. Took 15 minutes for them to make my coffee.

8:30am. Finally left.

8:40am. Pulled off freeway as coffee did not settle well and went through system on fast forward.

8:50am. Back on freeway, only 10 miles ahead of where I was at 8:00. Argh.

10:00ish Stopped for gas. Took 10 minutes in line to pay cash so I could start pump, filled tank, another 10 minutes in line to get change back. Hate pumping own gas. Hate poor customer service.

12:00ish Stopped for a potty break, grabbed packed food and handed it to the back seat as we continued on.

2:00ish Started to get a bit tired so pulled over and stopped for food again. Was thinking about getting a hotel but the stop recharged me enough to keep going.

5:00ish Stopped for gas--didn't quite need to according to the gauge, but was concerned that by time I did need to stop, there wouldn't be a gas station as I was in the Shasta area where there aren't many big towns and thus not many exits and even fewer gas stations. Calculated that I might not need to stop for gas again, but it would depend on my mileage.

8:30pm. Hit Eugene, figuring I could be home by 10:00 assuming there would be no traffic or other incidents.

8:35pm. North of Eugene hit construction and freeway down to one lane and CREEPING. At least two accidents through the construction site where drivers had not been paying attention and rear-ended SEMIs. How do you not see a semi? I know it was dark but really...

10:10pm. Arrive home. Take purse, computer, and child out of car. Dump all three in front entryway and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment