Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dedication? That's Totally Me.

Todays title? Falls under the "Delusional" category of this blog.

I haven't been to yoga in nearly a month. I haven't been running, I haven't been swimming, I haven't been walking or biking or weightlifting or even doing much housecleaning in the past couple of weeks.

But I'm finally almost not coughing any more, either.

My next triathlon is three weeks from today. If anything, I might actually be further from my goals than when I last posted. (And the gap in posts is a reflection of computer angst, not laziness, just so you know.)

P. A. N. I. C.

So tomorrow I'm supposed to be running in a race, but instead I'm out of state, at a hotel, by myself, assigned to judge a meet. I'm not complaining; it's income. Plus I love judging. This is not the first time I've been to this hotel and I knew they had a pool, so I packed my swimsuit. I honestly wasn't truly expecting a chance (or motivation) to use it since normally when I stay at a hotel for a meet, there are usually about 200 athletes in the same hotel and ALL of them AND their siblings are busy playing Marco Polo in the swimming pool.

And MARCO! trying POLO! to MARCO! swim POLO! laps MARCO! in POLO! that MARCO! is POLO! about MARCO! as POLO! much MARCO! fun POLO! as MARCO! trying POLO! to MARCO! read POLO! this MARCO! sentence POLO!

Except more annoying.

Weirdly, the pool area was EMPTY when I went to check on it. I ran back upstairs, changed, ran back down (fine, fine, I took the elevator both times), and . . . it was still empty.

I lost count of the number of laps I swam it was so many.

Yes, yes, the pool was probably equivalent to the length of my hotel room, so it was more about practicing my flip turns than anything. But I worked on that, my stroke technique, kicking, maximizing my breath, that kind of thing, for about 25 minutes. And then the hot tub (which oddly I didn't soak in forever.

Oh yeah, and this afternoon I spent about two hours walking.

So I'm a little bit dedicated. Or possibly bored because I'm not used to being able to do anything without my daughter tagging along and it's kind of weird to be off on my own.

More judging tomorrow, while I miss her race, and then back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment